UnitWise and SPAN Enterprises abide by the following Privacy Principles:
- Access: UnitWise allows all users to update or change privacy information at any time.
- Security: UnitWise is as safe as modern technology will allow.
- Availability: Support staff is on hand and reachable at the times posted on the support page. All support queries will be returned as soon as possible.
The information we collect is used to improve the content of the service and the quality of the service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations or third party vendors for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- SPAN Enterprises may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
- Emails are sent to new users to welcome them to the service and to remind them of their username and password. This email is sent only once, but can be requested by contacting heroes at UnitWise dot com.
Information Gathering and Usage
- When you register for UnitWise we ask for information such as your name, company name, email address, billing address, credit card information. Members who sign up for the free account will be required to give credit card/payment information. This is done to avoid abuse of the system.
- SPAN Enterprises uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact and research.
- Cookies are required to use the UnitWise service. Please make sure your Cookie permissions in your web browser are turned on. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
SPAN Enterprises may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your UnitWise account, or by placing a prominent notice on the main site and/or UnitWise dashboard.
Data Retention and Deletion Policy
UnitWise only collects and processes the information whenever you interact with us. We will only use your personal data for those purposes and will make sure that your privacy is protected. UnitWise retains client information securely in the account created for clients only as long as the account remains active, otherwise, it is stored in our archives even though it is no longer accessible online.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information unless we can verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products and identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws. Or when the information's deletion may likely render it impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- UnitWise takes every precaution to protect user information. All information (including credit card and banking information) is protected behind our encrypted network. SPAN Enterprises uses Microsoft .NET, SQL server 2008, Windows Azure, and JQuery, all trusted, tested, safe and secure third parties. Although SPAN Enterprises owns the code, databases, and all rights to the UnitWise application, you retain all rights to your customer data and the content created on your UnitWise site or blog.
- Employees with administrative access are kept to a minimum and must be given permission before accessing information.
- Security and virus protection measurements and programs are updated frequently to keep your information safe and protected.